The Walker Family Clinic provides outpatient mental health services to adults, aged 18 years and up. We offer counseling and psychiatric services through a multidisciplinary team of :
- Psychiatric residents
- Physician assistants
- Clinical social workers
- Professional counselors
Some of the following mental health disorders we treat include:
- Depression and mood disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder and complex trauma
- Anxiety disorders
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, when paired with another primary
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Disruptive behavior disorders
- Adjustment disorders
- Borderline personality disorder
General services include:
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Medication management
- Neuropsychological testing
- Psychotherapy for Individual, family, and marital/couples
- Group psychotherapy (dialectical behavior therapy)
To engage in services at the Walker Family Clinic, patients start with a thorough diagnostic assessment by a licensed clinician, followed by an interdisciplinary treatment team review. Based on the findings of assessment completed by our team, patients are provided with an individualized treatment plan and may be referred for further evaluation, consultation, medication management and/or psychotherapy.
The Walker Family Clinic treatment team works with other health-care providers and family members, when indicated, to coordinate the recommended evaluation and treatment.
Evidence-Based Therapeutic Approaches include, but are not limited to:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
Not finding what you are looking for? Click here.
Appointments are limited to those patients already being seen within the UAMS Health system, and require a referral from a UAMS Health doctor. Patients who are not established with UAMS Health may reach out to UAMS Health AR ConnectNow to quickly access short-term, virtual mental health care.
To request an appointment, call 501-526-8200. Please have your insurance information available.
What should I bring to the appointment?
For your first appointment, please arrive 30 minutes early. Bring a photo ID and your insurance card along with a list of any medications you’re taking, including over-the-counter medications. You should also bring any medical and psychiatric records you can provide, including imaging, test results and inpatient hospitalization documentation.
For future appointments, please provide updated medical and insurance information.
Download the Walker Family Clinic intake packet, print it, fill it out and bring it to your first appointment.
How do I request a prescription refill or contact a nurse from the clinic?
- Call the clinic at 501-526-8200 to speak with a nurse and request a medication refill.
- You will need to provide the name and phone number of your pharmacy.
- Prescription refills may take up to seven days.